Most of the time, we spend more time at our office than at home. With this in mind, why not bring the good feeling of home into your office space? Below are a few ways to turn your office space into a mini sanctuary to help you be the most productive.
- Clean – Having a messy office space with a lot of clutter can become a distraction from work. Make sure you only have items necessary on your desk to prevent clutter. Try to clean your desk before you leave so you return to a pleasant office space.
- Aesthetics is Key – Having office equipment such as good chairs and efficient desks are beneficial for production. Cuts the risk of distraction. Try adding colors to the office that will please the eye rather that distract it.
- Natural Remedies – During the summer it is hard to focus with the weather being so nice. Try to bring the freshness of out doors to your office. Do this by adding plants, stones or seashells into the office space.
- Lights – Lighting can be a huge factor in regards to productivity, mood and behavior. If you have a window, make sure to use natural light as much as possible. You can even show your personality by bringing in cool and interesting light fixtures.
- Personality – Photos, souvenirs and decorations are what makes home feel so good, there is a certain comfort level to it. Who says you can’t bring that good feeling to the office? Place photographs of things you like or loved ones at your desk to make you smile and brighten your mood. You can also have items of inspiration to keep you motivated throughout the day such as quotes and inspiration boards.